Bircher muesli is one of those recipes that you can just make your own.
Personalised Nutrition Counselling
My practice as a Dietitian in Orange opened at the end of 2018 within Colour City Medical Practice to provide personalised One-on-one Nutrition Counselling to people of the Central West. My aim has always been to create a friendly, non-judgemental and inviting space for people to talk about their challenges with food. As a dietitian and nutritionist I also have a passion for helping people learn what foods to eat, what is an adequate amount of food to nourish their bodies, how to plan for meals – whether that be for 1 person or a family, give practical ideas around shopping, and to discuss the barriers, challenges and triumphs of eating well. In 2019 I extended my practice to Dubbo by joining the team at Macquarie Health Collective where I work within an inspiring and dynamic Multidisciplinary team across many areas including complex Gut Disorders, Eating Disorders, Weight Management, NDIS, Autism, Women’s Health and fertility, PCOS, Sports Nutrition, and in 202 I will be branching out into Nutrigenomics, DNA testing and Personalised Nutrition.
I offer services to all ages – from babies who may have intolerances or allergies from breast or bottle-feeding and onto issues with starting starting solids, through to assisting the elderly maintain adequate nutrition in order to remain independent. Having worked as a teacher for many years, I have particular skills working with primary school children, adolescents and young adults, and some of my key specialities include Eating Disorders, Body Image and weight concerns, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Digestive Disorders.
My goal is to help you optimise your nutrition so that you can optimise your health and well-being. Yet I also understand that your goals along with your lifestyle, preferences, needs and challenges are unique, and so we work together to come up with realistic ideas to suit your needs.
Many people offer Nutrition advice. Why choose a Dietitian?
Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) are university-qualified nutrition professionals that undertake ongoing training and education to make sure they are your most up-to-date and credible source of nutrition information. APDs are the most qualified healthcare professionals to provide tailored nutrition and dietary advice, and they are the only nutrition professionals recognised by the Australian Government and Medicare.
APDs assess nutritional needs and use ‘Medical Nutrition Therapy’ to help people manage their health through food choices. APDs help treat a wide range of medical conditions including diabetes, heart disease, cancers, gastrointestinal diseases, food allergies, food intolerances, disordered eating, and overweight and obesity.
APDs have the skills to:
- Assess individual nutritional needs
- Develop personalised eating plans
- Deliver group nutrition education sessions
- Sort out nutrition fact from fiction
- Undertake nutrition and food research
- Develop nutrition communications, programs and policies.
We all want to make better food choices and take care of our health, but knowing how to do this can be a challenge. An APD can help you overcome this challenge by assessing your health and nutritionstatus and translating scientific information about nutrition into practical advice, so that you can make positive change to your eating habits.
An APD can help you to:
- Control your diabetes or choose low GI food
- Lose or gain weight
- Manage your food allergy or intolerance
- Optimise sports performance
- Lower your blood pressure or cholesterol
- Implement a therapeutic diet following surgery or hospital admission
- Ensure your child or teenager is meeting their nutritional requirements
- Plan a balanced diet if you need to have texture-modified food
- Ensure you’re meeting your nutrition targets for vitamins, minerals and other key nutrients
- Learn how to read food labels when shopping and choose the best options when eating out.
As an Accredited Practising Dietitian, I am dedicated to offering a service to my clients that is based on the most up-to-date information and evidence. My aim is to equip my clients with the knowledge and skills so you can achieve your health, fitness and wellness goals in a sustainable way.
Nutrition Services I offer Include:
- Gastrointestinal Health, IBS, FODMAPS, IBD, Diverticulitis, Coeliac Disease, read more here
- Food Intolerances and Allergies
- Fatty Liver and Cirrhosis
- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, PCOS, Metabolic Syndrome, read more here
- Eating Disorders, Body Image and Chronic Dieting, read more here
- Heart Health, High Blood pressure, High Cholesterol
- Mental Health – anxiety, depression, PTSD,
- Weight Concerns – under and overweight, read more here
- General Health and wellbeing
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and women’s health, read more here
- Thyroid and Adrenal issues
- Children’s Nutrition, Fussy eating, Growth concerns, ADHD/Autism, read more here
- Sports Nutrition – Nutrition for performance and Athletes with eating disorders
- NDIS – Self managed and Plan managed clients
For more information about my treatment approach and philosophy please visit my About page here
The best gift you are ever going to give someone – the permission to feel safe in their own skin. To feel worthy. To feel like they’re enough.”
Learn to listen to your body without dieting, so you can live your best life
With 20 years of education and elite performance experience, book an appointment to discuss how I can help you reach your health and wellness goals
Colour City Medical Practice
71 Dalton Street Orange Tel:
02 6360 2388
Tuesdays: 8.00am to 6:00pm
Friday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
14 Sale St Orange
Tel: 02 6360 3511
Monday: 8.00am to 6:00pm
Macquarie Health Collective
165 Brisbane Street Dubbo
Tel: 02 6882 7113
Thursday: 8:30am to 5.00pm