Bircher muesli is one of those recipes that you can just make your own.
Personalised Nutrition Counselling
I am a Dietitian (APD), Registered Nutritionist, Certified Intuitive Eating Coach, and Credentialed Eating Disorders Clinician (CEDC) located within Dubbo Health Hub in Dubbo, and Psych Solutions in Orange. I have a strong interest in trauma-informed care and how health and diet impact our mental, physical, social and emotional well-being. I come from a place of non-judgement and inclusivity with a keen desire to understand your journey and your perspective. I like to have real conversations and am comfortable confronting challenging topics – of which weight, food, body, gut health, eating disorders and the relationship with food – seem to be some.
My underlying philosophy is that of Health at Every size and I come from a “non-diet” perspective. This is because I fundamentally believe that the size of a person does not dictate their worth, and no matter the size of a person, I may be able to help improve someone’s health through their diet. I believe I can do this by not focusing on weight. I also fundamentally believe that dieting does not work – and we know it’s the single biggest predictor of an eating disorder. And so, I prefer to help people normalise their relationship with food
I have an uncomplicated approach to food and health because I see eating as a fundamental human need. I combine this with a detailed (though hopefully simplified) understanding of the science behind both nutrition and human physiology to give you the most up-to date recommendations – when asked – so you can make the best decisions for your health. I am passionate about helping my clients develop self-compassion in a rapidly changing world and learn to love (or at the very least, value) themselves so they can nourish and feed themselves in a caring and kind way. I love the psychology behind human behaviour and am more interested in my clients’ relationship with food than prescribing another meal plan. My goal is to help guide you to trust your own wisdom regarding what is right for you; to trust your own intuition, and not the ever changing external “rules” from the media, books or other people.
As an Evidence-based clinician I am constantly learning and love to share this knowledge with my clients in the spirit of openness and collaboration.
I have many areas of interests, and specifically focus on IBS and complex Gut Disorders (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, SIBO and Coeliac Disease), Eating Disorders, Chronic Dieting and weight concerns, Intuitive Eating, NDIS, Autism and ADHD, Women’s Health, and fertility, PCOS, Sports Nutrition, and Nutrigenomics, DNA testing and Personalised Nutrition. I offer services to all ages – from babies who may have intolerances or allergies from breast or bottle-feeding and onto issues with starting solids, through to assisting the elderly maintain adequate nutrition in order to remain independent. In the last few years I have started consulting to a number of Residential Aged care facilities throughout the central west, and now service 5 facilities regularly.
Many people offer Nutrition advice. Why choose a Dietitian?
- Assess individual nutritional needs
- Develop personalised eating plans for chronic diseases
- Deliver group nutrition education sessions
- Sort out nutrition fact from fiction
- Undertake nutrition and food research
- Develop nutrition communications, programs and policies.
- Control your diabetes or choose low GI food
- Manage your weight and relationship with food
- Manage your food allergy or intolerance
- Optimise sports performance
- Lower your blood pressure or cholesterol
- Implement a therapeutic diet following surgery or hospital admission
- Ensure your child or teenager is meeting their nutritional requirements
- Plan a balanced diet if you need to have texture-modified food
- Ensure you’re meeting your nutrition targets for vitamins, minerals and other key nutrients
- Learn how to read food labels when shopping and choose the best options when eating out.
As an Accredited Practising Dietitian, I am dedicated to offering a service to my clients that is based on the most up-to-date information and evidence. My aim is to equip my clients with the knowledge and skills so you can achieve your health, fitness and wellness goals in a sustainable way.
Nutrition Services I offer Include:
- Gastrointestinal Health, IBS, FODMAPS, IBD, Diverticulitis, Coeliac Disease, read more here
- Food Intolerances and Allergies
- Fatty Liver and Cirrhosis
- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, PCOS, Metabolic Syndrome, read more here
- Eating Disorders, Body Image and Chronic Dieting, read more here
- Heart Health, High Blood pressure, High Cholesterol
- Mental Health – anxiety, depression, managing medication associated weight issues
- Weight Concerns – under and overweight, read more here
- General Health and wellbeing
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and women’s health, read more here
- Thyroid and Adrenal issues
- Children’s Nutrition, Fussy eating, Growth concerns, ADHD/Autism, read more here
- Sports Nutrition – Nutrition for performance and Athletes with eating disorders
- NDIS – Self managed and Plan managed clients
For more information about my treatment approach and philosophy please visit my About page here
The best gift you are ever going to give someone – the permission to feel safe in their own skin. To feel worthy. To feel like they’re enough.”
“I intend to accept my body today, love my body tomorrow, and appreciate my body always.”
14 Sale St Orange
Tel: 02 6360 3551
Monday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:30am to 3:30pm
Dubbo Health Hub
205 Darling Street Dubbo
Tel: 02 6884 1804
Wednesdays 8:30 to 5:00pm
Friday 8:30am to 3.00pm